Commenting Service Headline Animator

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Finding Satisfaction in My Favorite Talk Show


Written by my friend Teodoro Martin

Every housewife needs to find respite from her day-to-day duties and I find mine in watching my favorite talk show. While many people may balk at the Maury Povich show, I take great delight in it. It is true that some of the stories he features are tragic in nature. However, I believe that he provides great entertainment for his audiences and also tries to teach his guests valuable life lessons.

My favorite topics on his show include the DNA testing to find a baby's father and mothers dealing with unruly daughters. Perhaps I favor these shows because I myself am a mother. I especially sympathize with the mothers of teenage daughters who want to run away with older men or who want to become pregnant before they are married. As the mother of a teenage girl myself, I admit I would not know how to approach this kind of disobedience. I also cannot imagine the kind of heartbreak parents face in not knowing who fathered their children. I personally believe that children are a gift and to see these children treated like commodities or afterthoughts on this show really strikes a nerve in me.

But once I get my dishes done and another load of laundry started, I turn on my satellite TV(direct.tv) and watch Maury Povich. He is a very entertaining talk show host and provides a nice, albeit brief, getaway from my daily chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for leaving a comment